Eligibility - Applicants for the Recruit Transition Course (RTC) in 2024 must -
- Complete a series of assessments to ensure suitability,
- Be a current and active serving police officer within New Zealand,
- Be permanently appointed as a police officer (not on probation) with a minimum of three years’ experience.
- Applicants for the RTC will complete all aspects of the International Recruitment Process.
- Our recruitment process for New Zealand officers can be completed remotely. If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact our Recruiting Section.
Relocation support - Successful applicants will be eligible for reimbursement of relocation expenses of up to $10,000 (subject to Terms & Conditions).
Postings - Successful applicants will be asked to provide their posting preferences (metropolitan and country).
Recognition of Prior Service
- Prior service will only be recognised for applicants who at the time of submitting their application to SAPOL, have been continuously and actively employed as a police officer for a minimum of three years within the previous five year period, not including initial recruit training or career breaks.
- This policy is used to determine the minimum probationary period and for calculating the advancement of pay increments at the rank of Constable.
- SAPOL will acknowledge 50% of the former continuous and active police service with an approved jurisdiction, at permanent appointment with SAPOL. A maximum credit applicable with SAPOL will be limited to seven years' service.
Recognition of Prior Learning
- To be eligible under this policy the applicant must have held a substantive rank of Sergeant or above in their previous police service (periods of relieving or acting rank will not be considered).
- Eligible applicants can apply to be appointed to the rank of Senior Constable increment 1 upon completion of their designated probationary period.
- The probationary period will be paid at the rank of Probationary Constable. Please note shift penalties are paid in addition to base salary.
- After successful completion of the probationary period, officers will be appointed and paid at the rank and increment determined from their recognition of prior service and learning.
- Current salaries for South Australia Police
- The application form and Statement of Personal Health and Circumstances can be downloaded here.
- In addition to the application documentation, applicants must also supply the following documents:
- Police service record.
- Police training record.
- Sick and absence leave record.
- Conduct / disciplinary record.