Call Triple Zero (000) for police attendance if:
- the situation is urgent
- people or property are in danger
- a crime is in progress or has just taken place.
Urgent situations include:
- road accidents where people have been injured
- air, rail or water accidents
- events causing danger to people or property
- explosions or bomb threats
- disturbances of the peace.
In addition to dialling Triple Zero (000) in an emergency you can:
Police emergency information
If there is a current police alert, you will be able to find information on:
South Australia Police alerts cover:
- bomb threats
- incidents involving aircraft
- incidents involving marine transport
- road accidents
- search and rescue operations
- terrorist attacks.
Stay informed during emergencies
For other emergencies, there are several ways to stay informed:
- relevant agency websites
- Bushfire Information Hotline - 1300 362 361 (TTY 133 677)
- State Emergency Service Hotline - 132 500
- ABC local radio alerts - find your local ABC radio station
- national Emergency Alert telephone and text base warning system - messages about emergencies including fire, flood and extreme weather are sent by voice to landlines based on the registered address of the service and text messages to mobile phones based on the last recorded location of the phone. Find out how Emergency Alert works
The Alert SA website provides you with access to an all hazards information directory providing direct links to critical sources of useful hazard and emergency information.
View the latest updates
Please note the Alert SA app has been decommissioned and you should delete it from your device.
Emergency Preparedness and Response
Find important information about how to prepare in advance for a disaster and what to do in the event a disaster occurs. Download the fact sheets:
What to do if you are faced with an armed attacker – react quickly and remember three words: Escape. Hide. Tell. Learn more
Contact the National Security Hotline if you have information:
- on possible signs of terrorism
- about issues relating to national security.
Call 1800 1234 00 or email email@example.com
All calls are taken seriously and in confidence.