The Commissioner of Police heads South Australia Police (SAPOL). The Commissioner reports directly to the Minister for Police.
The Commissioner is supported by the Deputy Commissioner, eight Assistant Commissioners and three Executive Directors.
Six thousand employees provide corporate and statewide services.
- Business Service
- Crime Service
- Governance and Capability Service
- People, Culture and Wellbeing Service
- Information Systems and Technology Service
- Metropolitan Operations Service
- Operations Support Service
- Security and Emergency Management Service
- State Operations Service
- Organisational Reform Program
- Thebarton Barracks Relocation
- Eastern District
- Northern District
- Western District
- Southern District
- Public Transport Safety Section
- Barossa Local Service Area
- Eyre and Western Local Service Area
- Far North Local Service Area
- Hills Fleurieu Local Service Area
- Limestone Coast Local Service Area
- Murray Mallee Local Service Area
- Yorke Mid North Local Service Area
View our Organisational structure chart.