Use the Traffic Watch app or online form for reporting traffic related incidents when they are:
- non-urgent, and
- do not require police attendance.
Please call Triple Zero (000) in an emergency or 131 444 for non-urgent police assistance.
The information captured through Traffic Watch will help make our roads safe by assisting police in:
- Determining the future allocation of resources including the deployment of our highway and metropolitan motorcycle and vehicle patrols, safety cameras and our Traffic Tactical Unit.
- Identifying locations for drug and alcohol testing.
The Traffic Watch app can be located within SAPOL’s mobile app which is a portal for important SAPOL services and information.
SAPOL's mobile app is a free download for Android (versions 4.4 and higher) and iPhone (iOS 10 and higher) users.
In addition to Traffic Watch, SAPOL's mobile app:
- Can initiate a call to Emergency Triple Zero (000).
- Can open a call to the Police Assistance Line 131 444.
- Allows users to report suspicious behaviour via the Crime Stoppers icon.
- Enables you to stay in touch with SA Police News and other information released on SAPOL’s website and social media platforms.
- Can display the police stations and traffic camera sites near your location.
- Allows you to check the status of your Police Incident Report through the Track My Crime icon.
- Includes some information on youth safety.