Joining can benefit your local community and provide you with many valuable opportunities. Whether you want to be a leader for change, develop new skills or simply get to know your neighbours.
We have different volunteer options you can do to get involved and make a difference, each with different benefits. check out our five reasons for each option:
Five reasons why you should get involved:
1. You’ll be helping your community. You could help prevent crime in your local area, making your neighbourhood safer.
2. It can make you happier. It's lovely out doors and you’ll get to chat to lots of people while you are out and about.
3. You’ll keep fit. Walking around your neighbourhood will add extra steps to your tracker!
4. Come and try. It's a great way to start out with Neighbourhood Watch. It's a good opportunity to see what we're all about.
5. Make new friends. Volunteering with us is a great way to meet your neighbours, especially if you're new to the area.
Five reasons why you should get more involved:
1. Volunteers gain valid experience. Volunteering will help you develop useful skills in communication, teamwork and problem solving. They could make you a more effective employee or enhance your CV!
2. Make new friends. Volunteering in a team unites people from diverse backgrounds. It can build camaraderie and improve your team building and social skills. Volunteering is one of the best ways to make friends by committing to a common goal.
3. You get a chance to give something back. By putting in some extra time you can support the community resources you and the people you care about use.
4. It saves money. Volunteering provides a valuable service. It can then free up other resources to spend on your local community's needs.
5. When you volunteer you make a difference. The benefits of volunteering can be enormous. Knowing that you're making a difference is empowering and can give you a sense of purpose.
Convinced? Click here to get involved and give it a go.