Local Neighbourhood Watch Areas work with SA Police to help prevent crime. Together they take action on local issues and raise awareness of safety and security. Neighbourhood Watch helps to build safer and more connected communities by:
- holding public catch-ups where the community can raise and problem-solve local issues
- producing crime prevention focused newsletters and delivering them to local homes and businesses
- removing graffiti from public places
- doing clean-ups in local neighbourhoods
- holding community events where neighbours can meet and get to know each other
- providing relevant safety and security information to neighbours in the local area
- sharing information and collaborating with local police
- collaborating on local projects to enhance community safety and connectedness
- developing plans for emergency preparedness in natural disasters such as bushfires and floods.
Find your nearest group to get involved with your local community.
Click here to see what's new in Neighbourhood Watch SA. .