SAPOL and local Neighbourhood Watch areas work together to help prevent crime, take action on local issues and raise awareness of safety and security. Neighbourhood Watch helps to build safer and more connected communities in many ways including:
- educating people on safety and security strategies through public forums, social media posts and letterbox drops
- holding regular public meetings where community members come together to raise and problem-solve local issues
- producing newsletters and delivering them to local homes and businesses
- developing plans for emergency preparedness in natural disasters such as bushfires and floods
- removing graffiti from public places
- cleaning and improving local neighbourhoods
- holding community events where neighbours can meet and get to know each other
- sharing information and collaborating with local police
- collaborating on local projects to enhance community safety and connectedness.
Find your nearest group and get involved with your local community.
Learn more about Neighbourhood Watch SA’s current initiatives.