SA Police recently launched the new Traffic Watch mobile app. The Traffic Watch app allows members of the public to easily report poor driving behaviour and traffic related complaints using a mobile phone, tablet or computer.
The information captured through Traffic Watch will help make our roads safer by assisting police to:
- Determine the future allocation of resources including the deployment of highway and metropolitan motorcycle and vehicle patrols, safety cameras and the Traffic Tactical Unit.
- Identify locations for drug and alcohol testing.
You are encouraged to use the Traffic Watch app to report non-urgent traffic related incidents that don’t require police attendance. Please call Triple Zero (000) if it is in an emergency or 131 444 for non-urgent police assistance.
The Traffic Watch app can be found within the SA Police mobile app which is a portal for important SAPOL services and information. In addition to Traffic Watch, the SA Police mobile app:
- Can initiate a call to Emergency Triple Zero (000).
- Can open a call to the Police Assistance Line 131 444.
- Allows users to report suspicious behaviour via the Crime Stoppers icon.
- Enables you to stay in touch with SA Police News and other information released on SAPOL’s website and social media platforms.
- Can display the police stations and traffic camera sites near your location.
- Allows you to check the status of your Police Incident Report through the Track My Crime icon.
- Includes some information on youth safety.
The SA Police mobile app is a free download for Android (versions 4.4 and higher) and iPhone (iOS 10 and higher) users.