Recruiting NOW for Police and Protective Security Officers!
Are you ready for a career in policing with SA Police?
Once you determine that you meet our eligibility criteria, you’ll be ready to submit an application. Our quick self-assessment checklist can help you confirm your eligibility.
To submit an application for a career with SA Police – as a police officer , protective security officer or community constable – you first need to download and complete the following forms:
In addition to these forms, you need to include a passport-sized colour photograph of yourself, along with copies of your:
- year 12 results and Student Achievement Record
- birth or citizenship certificate
- driver’s licence
- current first aid certificate*.
*Required before completing the Constable Development Program.
Feel free also to include any additional documentation or information that you feel can help support your application.
Once you collect all the required documents, send your application to:
South Australia Police Recruiting Section
100 Angas Street
Adelaide SA 5000
Before sending your application, please make sure:
- you include all necessary documentation and information – we will reject or return incomplete applications
- you do not include any original copies of documentation with your application (however, we may need to see these during the selection process)
- you send your application forms and supporting documents neatly in an envelope with no additional folders, binders or covers
- you’re aware that your personal details (name, date of birth and address) will be published electronically on SA Police’s intranet for confidential comment by serving SA Police employees.
Once you submit your application, we will evaluate it to ensure you meet our eligibility criteria. If you do, we’ll invite you to begin the recruitment process. We will invite interstate applicants and those living in regional South Australia to a five-day recruitment event that takes place at our police headquarters, where you’ll complete all the testing over that time.
Learn more about the SA Police recruitment process for police officers, protective security officers and community constables.
To apply for other support roles, see our current vacancies or volunteer opportunities.