The Sexual Crime Investigation Branch (SCIB) provides a specialist investigation service for the prevention, detection and investigation of sexually related crimes.
SCIB consists of sections which include:
- Sexual Assault Investigation Section
- Victim Management Section
- Child Exploitation Investigation Section
- Intelligence Section
- ANCOR (Australian National Child Offender Register)
The following is a few of the core services the Sexual Crime Investigation Branch performs:
- Advice and consultation to Local Service Areas in relation to sexually related crimes.
- Promoting inter-agency and community cooperation in response to sexual crimes.
- A centralised intelligence service for all sexually related crimes and identification of emerging sexual offences.
- Coordinating forensic medical examinations across the metropolitan Local Service Areas.
- Research and policy advice in relation to sexual crime and child abuse.
60 Wakefield Street, ADELAIDE SA 5000
Contact: Ph: 8172 5555 Fax: 8172 5584